Organic carrot, sage and taleggio risotto
Creamy and comforting, there’s nothing quite like a delicious risotto!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g British organic carrots, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 350 g risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli)
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 100 g Taleggio cheese, cut into small chunks
- 30 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sage leaves and grated Parmesan cheese, to garnish
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or saucepan and add the organic carrots and onion. Cook gently, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Add the rice and stir over a low heat for 2-3 more minutes, without browning.
Add the wine and let it bubble up for a moment or two. Pour in half the stock. Stir well, then cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cook until the rice is tender, gradually adding the remaining stock, and stirring often. This will take a further 10-15 minutes. Check that the rice is done to your liking – it should be soft, with just a hint of ‘bite’.
Stir in the sage, Taleggio and grated Parmesan cheese. Check the seasoning, adding a little salt and pepper if needed. Serve, garnished with fresh sage leaves and grated Parmesan cheese, with a little extra black pepper.
Cook’s tip: If you like, serve the risotto with a few torn-up slices of Parma ham scattered over the top. You could use Brie instead of Taleggio cheese. Use organic ingredients where possible.
|Per 100g (recipe)||Per serving|
|RI (%) per 100g (recipe)||RI (%) per serving|
|Of which saturates||1.1g||6.2g||6%||31%|
|Of which Sugars||1.4g||7.7g||2%||9%|